Nov 8, 2007

Weather and Weight

The second skiff of snow hit last night, and it's still here. It does look nice outside though. The sun is shining, and I have my bedroom window open, and it smells like melting.

I feel like I should be out doing something. Get some fresh air. But, I have cramps, and I have a bunch of sewing to finish before I go to work, and I know that I'll get to go for a walk once I get to the group home.

I want to live in my yoga pants. Which this week, is working out for me, because I've really had nothing to do, and I have to exercise at work every night, and yoga pants fit into that nicely.

I mostly want to live in my yoga pants though, because my jeans aren't fitting. I have lost 5 pounds though, which on me, doesn't count for shit, but it's a start. I have 6 pairs of jeans that are basically brand new. I don't want to spend more money on new jeans, I want to fit into the old ones.

The one thing that isn't driving me crazy at work, is the fact that I am getting paid to be active and exercise each time I go in. Myself, and a few of my new employees made a pact to get in shape, and be healthy. We're going to help each other lose weight, and feel better. Each of us, wants to lose at least 20 pounds. Each of us, wants to feel better about herself.

It's nice to know I'm not the only one. It's nice to not be the only one at work that is overweight as well. It's nice to know, that I will have three girls helping to motivate me not to turn into a lazy slob.

But this week, it's been hard to do anything when I'm not at work. Smyrish and I went for a very nice walk the other day, and I'm sure the two hours of dancing at Modest Mouse counted for something, but other than that, I haven't been up to much, unless someone is paying me.

At least I feel like doing something though, because last week, I only felt like sleeping.

No comments: