Nov 24, 2007

Sunshine and Rainbows

Boy did I wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. The second I opened my eyes I was grouchy, even though I slept in past noon. That usually makes me happy on a wintery Saturday. The moment I woke up, I just thought to myself "Here we go, another Saturday of coffee and house cleaning." I was less than excited about that thought. As far as I know, I am not a 50 year old housewife who has to spend her weekends cleaning up after her bratty kids. But I sure feel as if I act the part some days.

"Brunch will make me feel better"
, I thought to myself. I then realized the oven wasn't working, and couldn't bake up the tater tots I was craving to go with my bacon and tomato sandwiches. The deep fryer, although I hate it, is another way to cook them, but it was out of oil. Brunch, was a bust. My sandwich was yummy, but I was still hungry.

Then I spilled coffee, got salt in my eye, dropped everything I tried to pick up, and stepped on some invisible sharp object in my bedroom. So, I started cleaning and doing laundry to take my mind off my troubles.

It's just been one of those days.

It is now three o'clock, and I'm starting to feel a bit better. I'm going to shower, and I may even get out of the house for a couple hours and do some shopping or something. I can always finish cleaning on Monday morning before my mommy comes to visit.

At least tomorrow is Grey Cup, and I get off work early, so I will be able to join The City in cheering on our Riders, and getting retardedly drunk.



No comments: