Jan 30, 2005

Put a Spring in Your Step!




I don't want to jinx anything, but today sure felt like spring. Wouldn't it be beautiful if winter were over? But of course, this is Canada, and you never quite know what weather system is right around the corner, so I guess we should just enjoy the beauty of this day, while it lasts!

I came to the conclusion today that I am 99% sure that the majority of my depression stems from bad weather, cloudy skies, harsh winds and the like. I was actually happy to walk to work this afternoon, and this evening when I got off early, and only had enough cab money to get half way home, it didn't put a damper on my mood at all. I actually think I FROLICKED the rest of the way home, cigarette and coffee in hand! It must be the weather that's put me in a better mood, because life hasn't thrown any lucky breaks or romance my way yet. (not that life has been horrible either).

I've been thinking alot lately about where I'm going and what I'm doing with my life, and normally that would depress the hell out of me. But I think that I am quite content with myself and my surroundings at the moment. I love my city, my roomates are super cool, I don't have alot of expenses at the moment such as bills, and soon enough, I'm even going to have a car, so I can hit the road whenever the urge hits me. I haven't had to do my coat up or wear a toque for 2 days, the house is stocked with coffee, Palinode told me I had a perfect nose, and work is good. It really is the little things that make life worth living. I have no freaking idea where all this optimism has come from, but I'm going to enjoy it, and annoy others with it, while it lasts. Soon enough I'm sure, I'll be complaining about being broke, not owning anything that could be used for collateral for a loan, being ugly, and eternally single. I suppose I should be thinking of the future now, and what it holds for me, but I really don't have any goals for myself, and I don't have a clue what I want to do anyways , other than: 1) I'd like to own a house and car one day because I'm sick of renting and bumming rides off of my friends and 2) I still have to go to Africa and New Zealand before I'm too old and boring. Any other travelling, schooling, etc., can be done anytime before I die.

I've had an interesting week so far. It all started on Sunday, when GQ and the gang dragged me out to The Pub staff party. I thought at the time that I was all partied out, but of course, after a couple cheap pints, I was ready to rip again. Danced a couple jigs, won a tiara. Watched Astro-Boy and the rest of the pub gang do kareoke, and had a good laugh. Joined in a game of "who can stick the barbie doll in the hole" (don't ask) and got to keep my dollar store Barbie. I eventually convinced myself and V-man, that it was time to go home, and fell asleep on my face the second I hit my pillow. Never a dull moment at The Pub I tells ya.

I've been sent home early from work 2 nights in a row, and usually that just means, I get home early and play an incessant amount of Scrabble online, and go to bed way past my bedtime. But on Monday night, B-Rock was nice enough to come and pick me up from work, and we went out for coffee, a late night snack and some good conversation, before coming back to the House of Pain to smoke and watch cheesy late night cable with the roomate and her boyfriend till the wee hours. The perfect lazy evening!

Tonight, I decided to stay home, as I have to work a double shift tomorrow, but it's hump day tomorrow, so there is quite a bit of time left for more good times and late nights!

If you aren't feeling as perky or optimistic as I am today, check out "The Playground" in Seussville
and it'll help put a smile on your face, and even help you kill some time, if you're bored!

No comments: