Jan 17, 2005

A New Look, and a Killer Hangover



It's been awhile since I've had an entry, and I am sorry to say, I don't have much to report. Still half-assed dog-sitting at Red's until Tuesday (I think), my kitty has to get her stitches out by tomorrow, and I was able to spend a night in my own bed yesterday. The weather was absolutely treacherous all week, but with the help of a higher power I'm sure, I survived walking through blowing ice and snow, and on seriously unsteady ground.

Last night, I threw myself a birthday party at the House of Pain. It's not my birthday yet, but most people don't like to party it up on a Tuesday night, which is my actual birthday, so Saturday night is was! I am pleased to announce that the party, although smaller than I thought it would be, was a huge success. Everyone got shit-faced, danced their booties off, and in general had a grand old time. My crush even showed up, and I must thank V-man for inviting him! The smoke machine was a bit much in our small living room, but thankfully nobody had an asthma attack, and there were only some minor injuries during the break-dancing competition, (or as Hobbsley called it..."Soul Train De-Railed"),that ended the night.

Upon waking a couple hours later, I was pleased to see that the sun was out, snow was melting, and the house was not in the shambles I had imagined it to be. Hobbsley was on the couch, and breathing, and Cookeroo came over for coffee, before Hobbsley, V-man and I went for a walk and had an overpriced brunch. (or rather splunch, since it was closer to supper time). Perfect day after the party, I must say. But unfortunatly, now that the sun has gone down, and the buzz from the night before has worn off, the hangover of a lifetime has kicked in. I've tried everything to make myself feel better before I have to go out again tonight for Pub Trivia, but not even a tylenol and a glass of Sangria can make me feel human again. I fear that the good times really are killing me!

I'm sure you've noticed my page is different, and I must send a big thank you out to my friend Schmutzie, who has designed the page, and has offered her services in changing it even more, when I get an idea of what I want. And with any luck, she will have the patience to teach me how to change/fix things on my own, and this site will be rocking your world. (or at least it'll be more interesting!)

Well, I guess that's all for today, I must go and memorize the Golden Globe winners of last week, and country capitals before trivia.......oh yes, I definatly have my priorities in order.

No comments: