Jan 28, 2005

Lucien Carr Dies, Age 79

As I have mentioned before, I am a big fan of the Beat Generation writers. B-Rock introduced me to them in highschool, and at the time, their stories made me horribly jealous, and intrigued. I wanted to do what they did, get into the trouble and have the adventures that I read about in their books. And in some instances in life, as I got older, I ended up experiencing some similar hijinx, such as my time in Paris. But today, I want everyone to pay tribute to the man who introduced this gang of misfits. Lucien Carr, who introduced Burroughs, Kerouac and Ginsburg, passed away yesterday at the age of 79. We'll never know for sure, but it is possible that this group in pop culture never would have been what they were, had he not brought them together.

Lucien Carr Info on the Beat Page

No comments: