Jan 2, 2005

HAPPY NEW YEAR!




Well, it's a New Year, and as for me, I know that 2005 will definately be better than 2004! It really couldn't have gotten any worse....well if it could have, I am ecstatic that it didn't. Not that there weren't high points in the 2004 though, I really did have some good laughs, good times, good adventures and some good nights of dancing in the living room until dawn, with my amazing friends and family! (But I think maybe the bad out-weighed the good for the first time ever in my life experience)

************************************************************

I absolutley LOVE the Christmas break here in The City that Rhymes with Fun. There are always people to see, things to do, and cars to shovel out of the snow, so you can get to the offsale before it closes. Even though people are stressed about the shopping, the driving to their hometowns (in blizzards) to visit family, and the fact that they are going to be in the poorhouse for all of January, good, happy vibes abound. I have never seen faces that happy on friends and strangers alike, as I witness every Christmas holiday, when that friend from out of town walks into the pub. I am the girl who runs across rooms to hug someone I haven't seen in two weeks, so it makes me fell like less of a freak, when everyone else is acting like me...for about 14 days a year anyway........

I had the amazing opportunity to see many old friends this holiday season, and was happy to see that everyone changed, and changed for the better. Maybe it's true that we are all growing up in our own little ways. Hot Toronto Friend was only in town for one night, and I regret that I didn't spend any time with him, even though we sat 10 feet away from each other for about 3 hours. We did have a quick catch-up, but we were both at the pub with other far-away friends, so you visit who you have to. Pete was here for a day or two, got to hang out with him for awhile one evening before leaving for Small Town, I really have to go visit him one of these days! I was really excited to see DasPiper at my door a few days ago, even though I was sick with the sniffles, and didn't give him much of a welcome! The rye he brought cured me of that soon enough. He promised me before he flew back to Hemp Country, that he would be back in March, and if I didn't have a boyfriend, he would be trying to pick me up then. The people I saw at my hometown Boxing Day Cabaret surprised me the most though. I ran into many people I see on a semi-regular basis, and that was nice, but it was almost shocking, how many people talked to me and wanted to hang out with me, that I really have not talked to since high school, some of them I stopped talking to when I still was IN high school. I really changed my idea of cutting these people off entirely after leaving Small Town, they aren't so bad....I guess I just thought at the time, that I was better off without them in my life. Very snotty, I know, but I was afraid that none of them would go anywhere or do anything interesting with their lives, and I didn't want that for myself. And on another level, I guess I was afraid that the people I have heard things about over the years, would think that I was the loser that wasn't doing anything with her life....oh, the insecurities.......
But J was the one person, who I was most happy to see this Xmas. I think I actually screamed when I ran into him in Small Town. I'm not sure how happy his fiance was that I was there, I can never tell if she likes me, but seeing him, really loosened me up, and I was happy and carefree for the rest of the cabaret. Then a few days later he came to the city to visit relatives and came out to the pub with my gang of hooligans. My girlfriends could not figure out why I broke up with him, even after I explained that he was my high-school boyfriend, and we just went our own ways. but I must agree with them, J looks amazing, and is still as nice and fun as I remember....and during our discussion of the tsunami, and how I couldn't talk about it anymore because it made me upset, and he played with my hair and said he knew I was upset.....you can't imagine, and I can't express in a blog, how I wished that it was 1997 again, and I could just whisk him away.......

************************************************************
AND THEN I RANG IN THE NEW YEAR.......

Due to missing work the day before, because of the worst storm we've had yet this winter, I had to work on New Year's Eve. I got off early though, and headed out to the pub to find my drunken friends. Didn't take long for me to catch up to them though in that department, as I hadn't eaten and was full of cold medication. After we had enough of the bar, which from what I can remember, was about 1:30am, we all went and got more booze, and headed to the House of Pain to dance our booties off and continue to intoxicate ourselves. With only one drunken trouble-maker, which is more than I can say for New Year's Eve's past, it was fairly uneventful, good clean fun....and I learned that I am not the only person I know who is obsessed with the Pet Shop Boys and Duran Duran....

However there was one event, I won't go into much detail about, but it gets me a little bit more proof of a theory I have about myself. You see, I have found that, since the big break up with B-Rock, I have not had much luck in the relationship department, or even the one-night stand department. Not that I have been totally out of luck, but there isn't much romance or hot action in my life...for a variety of reasons, I'm sure. But then here comes the Holiday season, and all of a sudden, I start getting the flirts.....from, well lots of guys. I don't know why, but I'm one hot toddy at Xmas time. Maybe it's the extra 20 pounds I put on, or maybe it's the red flush of my cheeks from the -45 degree weather, I don't know. All I know is, that by the time the holiday is over, and everyone is back in their real world groove, I have gotten some loving. And doggonit....it happened again this year, the morning of Jan 1st, when the party had died down and everyone was getting ready to pass out on their faces in the most convenient spots in the house.
This year, was a shocker though,you see, he's the brother of my friend Hobbsley, and from what I know, he only visits here at Xmas time. I had no idea he had any inkling that I was a girl, and I had no idea I would ever do anything with him, considering I have always kind of thought of him as a bit of a player, and I don't know him all that well, other than to watch him pick up girls, and we have the occassional drink together. He was very forward all evening, we finally did some smooching, and by morning, that was that, we had done the deed. I guess what surprised me the most, was that I didn't feel like a dirty whore the next day. He stayed for most of the day, and he said some great things to me and about me, and said he liked me, and gave me some amazing reasons, and it took all I could muster to believe what he was saying to me.....and now I think I do. I do regret though, that I kind of ignored him the next day (until the wonderful kiss good-bye), but as i have said, I don't have much romance in my life, so I'm a little out of practice at this, and to boot, we had friends and his brother sitting there with us.....and I wasn't sure what they thought of the whole deal. But now he's back in GrungeTown, and since we didn't exchange any contact information, I figure I'll see him next Christmas. Maybe we can hang out and get to know each other then.
I have a bad (or is it good?) habit, of sleeping with practical strangers and THEN getting to be good friends with them. I think it's much better than sleeping with a friend, and then the relationaship changes, so you are practically strangers.

Well folks, that's all for now.

************************************************************

Dalai Lama Interview http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/interview.html

Go Canada! http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/

Tsunami Relief http://www.familiesforchildren.ca/

No comments: