Feb 1, 2005

Optimism fading a little; Need more sleep




Well my friends, today is a total wash. I missed the entire day! I got home from work this morning, called Cookeroo to tell her I needed to sleep for a bit, and ended up sleeping until 7pm, and missing out on nice weather, lunch with Cookeroo and Badu, and getting a ride out to the middle of nowhere to pick up my paycheck. Ok, now for all of you who are thinking I'm lazy, I must point out that, I had been working since 3pm yesterday and didn't fall asleep until noon today, and the sleep that I did get today was constantly interrupted by a crying kitten who wanted to play and have some attention. (actually I just think she hates the fact that I might want a good sleep once in awhile.) I'm still incredibly tired, and with any luck, I'll fall asleep early enough to be rested for tomorrow, and will be able to enjoy my Friday off!

Well, it's official, the roommate is moving out in March, to live with her boyfriend. I find it funny that they are going to be living at his place, because I think they have spent 1 or 2 nights there in all the months they've been dating. Something about her having a fish to feed, and his place being too noisy, plus there isn't cable. Boyfriend should really be paying rent HERE. He sleeps, eats, drinks, showers, cooks, and hogs the living room at the House of Pain, and if he was paying V-man some dough, I wouldn't complain as much. But if he was paying to live here, I would however, not put up with the mess he and roommate leave behind. Well I don't really put up with it now, but I have realized it's a losing battle. Until they are gone, I will be stuck in my bedroom with my computer and no cable TV, and doing their dishes, so the kitchen doesn't smell like rotten egg and sour milk. Apparently, V-man has a prospective new roomie for me. Some little emo kid I guess. As long as he's clean, doesn't bring a lazy girlfriend with him, and isn't a remote control hog, we should be OK. And if he's a smoking hot little emo kid, that wouldn't hurt either.

I really wish I could live on my own again. Unfortunatly, I was broke all the time, and with me planning on buying a car, I just couldn't afford it now. For someone who loves being around people, I sure like to be alone just as much. It's more comfortable. You can walk around in your underwear, watch whatever you want on TV, listen to your favorite music as loud as you want, and you don't have to worry about staying on the phone too long, because someone may have to use it. You can come home drunk and stumbling , and not have to worry about waking anyone up. You can bring someone home and you don't have to answer any questions, or worry about strange looks in the morning. It's bliss, living alone. One day, money will fall from the sky, and I'm getting myself my own little abode. And that's that.

Some random thoughts that ran through my head today:

Why are our Canada pins, shirts, etc. made in China?

If abortion is wrong, and we are human the second we are concieved, why don't we have a funeral when a woman has a miscarriage?Why is our birthday not the day that mommy missed her pill and daddy forgot to pull out?

Where does the #15 bus go to? Is it only for the senior citizens across the street? I see it everyday, and I have no idea. Maybe I'll go for a ride on it tomorrow.

No comments: