Feb 12, 2005

Welcome to the Maxi Pad



I had a hard time sticking to my decision to stay home, relax and get some organizing done on this fabulous Saturday night. I must admit, that I got bored, real fast. Most likely, had I stayed home, I would have passed the time somehow, boring activities or not, and I would have saved 40 dollars. But no, I had to go out with Cookeroo, because I thought I might lose my marbles if I didn't. I ended up having a pretty OK night, listened to GQ and the Unknown Poet sing some songs out of tune, ran into some guys from Yorkton, had a few beers, and went to Subway before coming home. Not bad at all. Now I'm at home, I lost 4 rounds of Scrabble Online, and I'm half-assedly watching The Barefoot Contessa, on Movie Night in Canada. Unfortunatly, I'm not tired, and when the movie is over, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with myself, as I'm not one to sit and watch the loud, but colorful "We're off the air, moron, go to bed" signal.

Anyways, since I'm not feeling very intelligent (or even angry with the world) this weekend, here's a list. Because, as we all know, I'm madly in love with lists.

1. I think that the first 5 minutes of the movie Reality Bites, is the most realistic Hollywood-ization of college kids and/or 20-somethings I have ever seen in a feature film. I first saw that movie when I was in high school, and thought, " I can't wait to have a reason to be like them." Lucky me, here I am. Watch it.

2. To continue with the Reality Bites theme, I always wanted Winona's hair-do, and now that I have it, it's driving me crazy.

3. OK, I must admit, I watched Reality Bites
last night before I went to bed, and I can't help but think I should watch it again. I do own it, after all, and someone spent money on it, so why not beat the poor movie to death? Plus, that loud screen of color is going to be screaming at me soon.

4. When Winona and Janeane Garafolo are cruising home from work, and the are singing Tempted before Ben Stiller runs into them, I smile. Because it reminds me of all the good times I have had, cruising around and singing songs with Cookeroo in the Saturn and the Accent.

5. Hey! That's my bike!

6. I have realized that, Troy Dyer, is so eerily similar to my brother, that it is sick and twisted that I had a crush on his character when I was 16. I feel dirty, but how was I to know? Shit, they even look alike. I need a shower. Gross. (no offence GQ)

7. In my search for a R.B link, I realized that the 10th anniversary DVD came out a year ago. Man, the past 10 years, sure flew by me at warp speed.....

8. I have never had a psychic partner, but I would love to go to a well respected psychic one day, just to see what they say. I would like to know if I'm an old soul or not. Also, I wouldn't mind knowing what color my aura is, but I don't want to pay money to find out. Those psychic folk make more than I do I bet.

9. It sure is nice to fall in love with someone whom you are already friends with, it makes the dating game unnecessary. It's even better when U2's 'All I Want is You' plays after you've had a fight, and can't find each other.

10. There's no way that Lelaina and Troy stayed together. Sure they were in love, but Troy was a philosophy major who couldn't hold a job, and Lelaina had big dreams and goals. Unless his band made it big, they're done. But they probably had a fantastic romance for a couple of years. Or maybe I'm wrong. In the spirit of St. Valentine, tell me your story of a relationship gone good.

No comments: