Mar 10, 2005

I've got a head cold, and some random thoughts




I officially have a cold. I know where I got it from too, but unfortunatly, the people who gave me their germs are mentally-challenged, and it would be wrong of me to kick their asses for it. Yesterday my throat hurt, and today I can't breathe, but luckily, it's just a cold, and if I'm lucky, I'll be ready to rip in a couple days. Thank god for tea and Sinutab. Don't know how I'd live without it.

I've been feeling a bit lonely this week. I have been working a lot, but I have also had a lot of free time, that I mostly spent in bed or in front of the TV, because I didn't know what else to do with myself. It must be getting close to that time of the month, because normally I don't think I'd be so hurt that people aren't calling me, or are out living their own lives. Because, when I am thinking logically, I know that others know I may be working, and when they think I am working, they just don't bother calling to chat. As well, I know that they could very well be working, or tired, what have you, but when I'm feeling down, I take it as a personal attack.
So that's why I was over-joyed when Cookeroo gave me a call to go for coffee this afternoon with her and one of her clients. It was mighty refreshing to get out of the house for a reason other than needing a pack of smokes or to go to work.

Since I'm feeling a little flaky today, due to the cold medication pumping through my system, and since I don't have anything fantastic to report, due to my incredibly boring week, here's a list, since I'm not sure how well I'll do with proper essay- like writing today. Ah, the joys of being stoned on Sinutabs.


1. I have been out walking every day, doing stretches, sit-ups, weights, and riding an exercise bike. My body is aching and I don't feel any lighter. It's only been a week since I decided to get rid of this blubber, but I was hoping maybe I'd at least lose a pound or two. This sucks the big one. But I'm not quitting, I just wish I could see results faster. I wish that those 'diet miracle drugs' you see in the back pages of magazines actually worked. It would definatly be easier on my muscles.

2. If I was motivated, or felt a tad smarter today, I would be writing an article for Hobbsley, and not writing this list.

3. Sometimes I wish I was pregnant, just so there would be a good reason to have this huge gut of mine. Too bad, I'm not big on kids yet.

4. I have a list on the fridge of about 15 things I was going to do this week, and I haven't done a single thing. Every time I enter the kitchen, I see the list, and I am reminded of what a lazy procrastinator I am. I swear, if all I had to do was make a phone call by Monday, and I would win a million bucks, I wouldn't do it out of pure laziness.

5. I need to find a higher paying job. Too bad there's no such thing in my field. Well, there is, but I would have to take on more responsibility, which in my mind, doesn't seem too appealing. More work, more pay. Makes sense, I guess. But still, not very appealing. I'm working at the maximum I can handle as it is.

6. I am starting to hate my online Scrabble. I have been losing for weeks, and getting stuck with vowels throughout the game. I don't think it's me that has lost my touch, I just think that there is something horribly wrong with the random tile distribution.

7. A few months ago, I got hooked on this site full of quizzes. I learned that I was a "Monica" (from Friends), I'm supertitious, my family most resembles the Simpsons, Bjork is my inner rockstar, Owen Wilson is my celebrity soul mate, and in a past life I was a hamster named Vladimir. Here's what they had to say about my past life:
Come out and play — in your previous life, you were a hamster named Vladimir. Here's what we know about you: Born on the plains of Siberia, you spent your early years weathering harsh winters, drinking vodka, and attending committee meetings. Determined and headstrong, you always got your way when push came to shove. But it wasn't all darkness — no one knew how to let loose and have a good time better than you. You were the reigning Twister champ, and you always emerged victorious from the Bolshevik's annual Dance-a-Thon (your signature step, the Funky Chicken, was a huge crowd pleaser). As you were also quite the health fanatic, you developed and patented a set of exercise wheel fitness videos that quickly became all the rage in Siberia. Your commercial success led you to denounce Communism and head for the States, where you ultimately provided the inspiration for a wacky Web site and song.
Click here to find out useless information about yourself.

8. I can't figure out if I'm freezing, or if I'm sweltering.

9. I ran into a guy in Small Town last time I was there, and he asked me how I was doing. I was sick of saying "Great. How about you?", so I said "I've had a really shitty year, and even though I haven't seen you in years, I have nothing of importance to tell you, that you haven't already heard through the grapevine." He thanked me for my honesty, and we had a long conversation about why people feel the need to say "I'm great, how are you?", when really, no one is doing that great. We also pondered why we feel the need to ask people how they are doing and what's new, when we really don't care all that much.

10. George Carlin once said, that if he had his choice of how he would die, he wanted to be sitting on the crosstown bus, and suddenly burst into flames. I think that would be great. What a way to go. You'd probably even make the front page of the newspaper.

Have a good day..................

Update: I'm so fucking bored. I've got another 6 hours before work, and another 48 before I actually have a social function to attend. If I didn't have to work tonight, I'd go to the LB, and get me some cheap wine, and drink my boredom away. Not even cranking up Cypress Hill is cheering me up. It's just making me wish I had a big fattie. Save Me.

No comments: