Mar 9, 2005

Domestic bliss and some bugs





I always feel that much better about myself, when I accomplish something around the house. It's a cheap, time using way of doing something just for me. I feel happier, and the OCD diminishes, when I have a clean kitchen, a load of laundry in the dryer and the plants have been given some water and TLC. Which is what I accomplished this evening, after some coffee, and a chat with Cookeroo about her birthday. But now, I must tackle the bathroom, and after seeing what I saw in the tub, I think I might need a little liquid courage to do this household task.

There was one of those little pill bugs in the tub, just wandering around. He was so ugly and creepy, and he reminded me of the scary bug infested basement of the last house I lived in. So I hit him with a plunger, and washed him down the drain in a rush of hot water. Where there is one of those clear, multi-legged little fuckers, there are a thousand or so more. It's a sign of spring thaw, they like damp places and are looking for somewhere to spend the next few months. So I have decided, to pound back a beer, and go on a killing spree to end all killing sprees. Unless I touch one, then I'm fucking moving. I'm not afraid of bugs, but those things just creep me the hell out. I think it could be because I never saw one in my life until I moved to this city, so I'm not conditioned to deal with them. I'd rather have bats flying around the house, at least they eat mosquitos, and maybe I could encourage them to eat the clear little bugs in the bathroom and basement.

________________________


Maybe you have one of these.

________________________

I am woman, hear me roar. Yesterday was International Woman's Day


________________________

If only I had a husband, all my domestic talents could be of some use. Think you need some help? Check out how to be a good wife.

No comments: