May 14, 2007

Praying For a Not-so-Manic Monday

Whoa doggy, am I tired. I am almost (almost, I said) happy that I have to work until midnight the next couple of days, because I need to be forced to be a good girl, and give my body a rest.

I was supposed to get up early this morning and go for a walk, as I have been neglecting the exercise routine I was into for a few weeks, for about a week. However, I just could not get out of bed this morning for the life of me. I finally dragged my arse out of bed nearing noon, realizing that I had much sewing to get done, and only had a couple hours to do it before I had to get to the group home.

After a half hour of swearing at my sewing machine and cursing my inability to sew in a straight line, I decided just to drink more coffee, and hang out with the television for awhile. I told myself that it would be a good idea just to relax today in the little time I had to do it, and start fresh tomorrow. Re-energize. Get my head together.

I've been on a bit of a bender. A bender with an itinerary. It all started last Monday, when I contacted all the girls and we got together for drunken Scrabble on the patio in the sunshine. Tuesday, Mr. Hobbsley was back in town, and I felt it was necessary to get out and see him, since I haven't talked to him since Xmas. I got up early on Wednesday, to get some sewing done, and Wednesday night, I had to work, but still came home and stayed up until dawn by my lonesome. Thursday brought some bad news from a dear friend, five minutes before I went to work. As soon as I arrived at work, I started working on getting out of there to be with her, and a couple hours later, I was back at The Pub, for an uber-emotional night of drinking. By Friday, I realized I hadn't eaten in a couple of days, and didn't have any food anyways, so I forced myself into an afternoon of grocery shopping and housecleaning, before heading back to the frickin' pub, to meet up with friends, and head to the Reverend Horton Heat show, where I drank too much, danced just enough, and had a grand ol' time visiting with old friends who were drunker and more stoned than I. Saturday morning was spent tracking down the people I had made plans with during the week, but they were nowhere to be found. Knuckle Toes
and I finally found each other, (at guess where? The Pub!), and headed off for an afternoon of shopping for fabric and such, before returning downtown and joining friends for drinks and sunshine. After a few hours in the sun, I headed home to eat, take care of my new sunburn, and get ready to go out to a cabaret that I was to go to that evening. By the time I dragged my sorry ass back to The Pub, I had already decided to skip the cabaret, give away my ticket, and head home early to sit in front of the television. Well, I gave away my ticket,and sent the boys on their way, but shortly after I arrived, I met a couple of interesting people, and ended up sitting and talking with them for a few hours, as friends that I had been with in the afternoon started filtering back to the patio, as I had. I eventually put my foot down on myself, and headed home, knowing that if I didn't leave at that instant, I was going to be in for a very huge hangover the next day. I still ended up staying up all night, talking on the phone, and on Messenger, til almost dawn. Sunday was a productive day. I spent the majority of my day at the sewing machine, using up almost all of the fabric I had bought on Saturday, but there were more plans to be followed through on. Delores and I BBQ'd some supper, watched a movie, and then gave in to the many phone calls I had recieved all day to come back out to that black hole of a pub. We ended up playing pub trivia with the boys, even though we vowed that we wouldn't, and somehow we won a round of free beers, thanks to our knowledge of all things sexual, and who can turn down free beer? Not us.

So, I am welcoming Monday. I am somewhat grateful for the busy week at work that I am about to have, as it will keep me out of trouble, and sober. Not that last week wasn't fun, I had some great times, and good laughs, and was overjoyed to witness how well my group of friends can come together, and get along, when one of us is in need of just that. I love you all, with all my heart, but I need to give my liver a rest.

See you Wednesday then? ;)

1 comment:

wench said...

ditto baby girl!

see ya next weekend....