Oct 31, 2007

Halloween

So, it's Halloween. With Halloween being in the middle of the week, I don't know if anything is going on in this town, but I am determined to get dressed up as something or other, and go out tonight, because it's my night off.

We had a nice party here at the House of Pain on Saturday, a sort of "Halloween Birthday Bash", due to it being the Saturday before Halloween, and three friends having their birthdays land on or around Saturday. It was a good party, but I feel that I didn't dance as much as I should have, so I want to dance tonight. I better call The Pub, and see if they are doing the dance party they did last year.

Of course though, I have no idea what to dress up as, so if it's warm, the trashy Courtney Love costume from the Dead Celebrity Party will have to come out for one more round. I love Halloween, and I love dressing up, but I'm really bad at thinking of, and putting together costumes. The last few years, I have dressed up as "Whatever-I-Found-In-My-Closet", named it something, and hit the town. Thankfully, I have a very eclectic closet.

My whole life, I have been jealous of those who create these amazing costumes. You know the people, the ones who dress up as tables, or toilets, or paintings. The ones who not only dress up as a superhero or a cartoon character, they become it. They put so much time and effort and money into one night of fun, and I wish I had the time, effort, money and creativity to do the same. It basically just comes back to my laziness. I'm the girl with the weird clothes, who admires the folks in the cool costumes. I'm okay with that, I think.

Happy Halloween!

No comments: