Jul 3, 2007

Camping Trip 2007


We all returned home last night, safe and sound, after our annual Canada Day Weekend camping extravaganza at The Lake.

It was a good time had by all, and aside from a couple of injuries due to horse-play, playground equipment, slipping on the rocks while skinny-dipping, a fall into the fire, and a lost wallet, there was no major drama, and the weekend was one of fun and games and relaxation.

We ate, drank and were merry as all hell for 3 nights, we met new friends, and bonded with old ones, we sang and laughed, and had good times at the beach. You just can't go wrong, on a weekend like that.

Although I'm not too happy about being back in The City, at least I have today off to finish unpacking, and get myself prepared for the week ahead. I actually feel lucky to have a ton of things to do around the house today, because I do need something to occupy me, while I wait for the darling Palinode to telephone me, so I can go and help his wonderful wife Schmutzie get home safe and sound after her big day o' surgery. If I didn't have anything to keep my mind occupied, I would be worrying and pacing all day, I am sure.

And on that note, I have got to deal with my one thousand mosquito bites, and wash my sleeping bag before they call.

Thanks for the uber-fantasic weekend everyone! Can't wait til next year!!!!

*For more camping info, read Knuckle Toes' entry about it.


No comments: