Jul 19, 2007

I'm Schmooze-tastic!


I am extremely honored to have received my first blogging award for "Having the Power of Schmooze". I received the award from the super fantastic Madame Diva, who upon presenting me with the award, said the gosh-darn nicest things about me, and she hasn't even had the chance to drink pints with me yet. Just wait til she sees me schmooze up close and personal!

I am very proud of my ability to schmooze, as this talent has helped me win friends, jobs, and interesting conversations with strangers, so I have decided to award bloggers who are just as friendly, and have proven to me, their schmoozing ability.

The award was created over at Ordinary Folk, which you should go and check out asap, if only to see "Gummy the Lovesick Alien".

The participation rules are simple:

1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs of people that you think are great schmoozers, conversationalists, or commenter's

2. Link to original post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme and receive their award,

3. Optional: Proudly display the ‘Schmoozer Award’ with a link to the post that you wrote.



And the winners are........

The Palinode. I have been lucky enough to be able to schmooze with this cool cat up close and personal for many years, but when I cannot be in his presence, I stalk him on his blog to see how his adventures with Proust are going, and to guffaw with laughter over the dialogues he has with his wife. Never a dull moment, over at Palinode's Palace.

Dawnzer-Lee Light. I stumbled upon Dawn while snooping around my Vox neighbor's links, late one night, and I have been hooked ever since. She's smart and sassy, and always makes me think. And from what I can tell, she enjoys a drink now and again, just like me, so we'd probably have a good time together if our paths ever crossed!

Jenifer, from Nutcase 101
I can't remember who found who, but it was love at first read for me. This girl reminds me so much of myself, but in reading her entries, makes me think she has her shit together a wee bit more than I do, like most people. I'm rooting for ya Jen!

The Girl Who...... Maybe it's just her beautifully written stories about her and Serge, or maybe it's her keen sense of humour, or maybe it's because her life just seems to be so damn interesting, but I can't stop reading. This girl appears to totally kick ass.

What's That Smell? I think it's her beautiful pictures of Saskatchewan summers as of late that have really caught my attention, but I have been perusing this ladies blog for awhile now, and it never lets me down. Plus, she likes camping. All campers are A+ in my books.

And that's that. Congratulations to the winners, but please, don't let this distinction go to your head.

Have a good day everyone!



No comments: