Feb 4, 2009

Hi There!

Sorry, I know I've been missing. Smyrish bought me http://abigailroad.ca for my birthday, and it took a few days to get all set up. Thanks to all who noticed the blog was missing, and sent me messages and Twits! It feels nice to be missed!

It's been a busy week so far.

We replaced our two roommates who moved out on the weekend, with a dog named Patches, and an upright piano.

The piano is lovely, and I'm slowly getting back all my piano-playing knowledge. It amazes me how much I have forgotten, considering all the years of lessons I took. Thankfully though, my brain hasn't totally turned to mush, and I figure with a few weeks of practice, I should be back on track, playing Beethoven and the "Cheers" theme song.


Patches had been offered to us to take in a couple times in the past few months, but it just was never the right time for us, or his original owners. He has been a bit of a handful, as he gets used to his new home.

He attached himself to me right away, which was cute at first, but now I think it may be a bit unhealthy. I'm not sure if he wants me to be his mommy, or his girlfriend. However, I learned today, that if I want him to give me some personal space, I should just bring out the camera. I got these two shots, after a half hour of chasing him around the apartment, as well as about 15 pictures of my slippers and the walls.


He's a cute little bugger though, and once he gets used to the place and doesn't bark continuously when we leave him alone, we should all get along famously. It will take time, and training, but we can do it.

And on that note, I'm going to interrupt his snoring and puppy dreams, and get out for a walk before Mother Nature decides to make it cold outside again.

No comments: