Feb 24, 2009

Wedding Update

Daisypath Wedding Ticker

I figured it's about time to tell all of you what is going on with this wedding. Invited people have been asking for weeks if there is anything they can do to help, while some of you interweb friends just want the juicy details. After reading this, if anyone thinks of something they can help with, or notices something I might be forgetting, please feel free to let me know!

Everything is coming along nicely. The invites are out, other than a couple folks who we just can't seem to find, and the RSVP's are starting to come in. So far, there are 11 people coming, out of the 180 people we invited. I have to be honest, I would not be upset if a good chunk of people just couldn't make it. It was very hard to make the guest list. We both have huge families, and many, many friends....and even with that high number of guests, we were forced to leave out many family and friends from our special day. I hope they understand.

The caterer we hired ( who I actually worked for when I still lived in Small Town) is going to be our main man. He is doing everything, from cooking and serving the food, to setting the tables, to cleaning up after himself, to working the bar. He will be our biggest expense, but it will be worth it.

The hall is booked, but we have to wait until April to pay for it. Even though the government raised the price of camping and hall rentals in Provincial Parks, they are still giving us a good deal. I am thankful that I know all of the people who work in the park administration office, because they have been a big help getting everything sorted out. They are also going to try and let us in the hall the night before, free of charge, so we don't have to do all the setting up on the day of the wedding.

Wench is in the process of making my "draft" dress, and I am positive that the actual one will be done in time. All I have to do is still lose at least 20 pounds by the final fitting, so I don't look like a whale. My dress is actually being made from the pattern of a fairy costume...it was the closet thing to a simple hippie dress that we could find. I am grateful that Wench knows what she is doing, and can turn it from costume to wedding dress. I was thinking of wearing fairy wings, just for the hell of it. And who knows, maybe I will. I'm weird like that.... or... Smyrish has nothing to wear yet, maybe be can just wear the wings.

We do not have a wedding party to worry about, or ring bearers and flower girls...and that takes a lot of stress off of this occasion. We chose 2 "legal" friends, and as long as they show up, I don't care what they're wearing. (Okay, I do care, but at least we don't have to do fittings and such. That would suck ass.)

My old friend Shmeed is going to be the MC for the evening, and we have chosen 3 people to give toasts. We are going to rent sound equipment, and be our own DJ for the reception. We both liked that idea, because at least we can choose music that will suit the occasion, and that people actually enjoy. The playlist we make, can do the work itself.

My aunt is making us the wine, and I have put my mom and maid-of-honor in charge of choosing flowers and decorations for the tables. I do not know anything about that stuff, and they do, thank goodness. Smyrish also wants to head the decorating crew, so I've washed my hands of it. I trust that the hall and the tables will look nice, and I will have flowers to carry. We just need to plan a shopping day...hopefully when my mom comes down for Film Star's convocation in the Spring, we can get all that done.

B-Rock is going to be the photographer for the ceremony and the evening, and all we have to do is get together with him and find out what he wants to be paid, as he already knows what I want photos of.

Our honeymoon, is a week long camping trip before and after the actual wedding with a bunch of friends and family. That is all taken care of, and now all we have to do is save money, get new camping gear, and show up.

We are going to register at Canadian Tire this afternoon. I never thought of "registering" anywhere, but some friends have asked, and I thought, why the hell not. I am also hopefully meeting up with my friend Pixx Axe today, so we can talk hair and make-up.

Having talented friends, sure is making things easier. I would rather pay my friends, than a stranger.

The things we still need to do are get my ring sized, get a ring for Smyrish, find a JP, get a marriage license (where and when to do this, I do not know) ,work out the little details with the caterer, figure out exactly how we're going to do the ceremony on the beach, and pay for everything somehow. Everything else, we can't worry about until the day before..so it's not on my to-do list.

So ya, that is what's been happening so far. There haven't been any casualties, and there have only been a few minor scuffles about invites and who is doing what.


No comments: