Feb 11, 2008

Open Book

It's a meme kind of week, kids. Sorry 'bout that. I'm sure one of these days I'll have something of interest to say, just not today. Seven, tagged me this time, and because she's so darn cool, I'm playing along.

1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open it to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence/ phrase.
4. Blog the next four sentences/ phrases together with these instructions.
5. Don’t you dare dig your shelves for that very special or intellectual book.
6. Pass it forward to six friends

The nearest book, happens to be a pile of sixteen or so books on my computer desk. I couldn't decide which was the closest book, so I closed my eyes, and pointed.

"On the Road", by Jack Kerouac, ended up being the one my finger landed on.

I was sitting at the window of my hotel room on North Clark Street and the most delicious smell rose to my nostrils from the bakery downstairs. I didn't have a dime but I went down and talked to the girl. She gave me bread and coffee cakes for free. I went back to my room and ate them.

A couple paragraphs later, he goes to a party with Dean and Mary Lou puts some moves on him, and Lucille gets pissed off and goes out to the car with Dean. Good times.

Alrighty then. Pocket Buddha, Wench, Knuckle Toes, Wretched, Nervous Axon and Saviabella....you're up. Consider yourself tagged.



No comments: