May 22, 2005

Oh my god, I am so freaking dull.

I am a total copy-cat this week. Here's a little something that Politiko and Friday did, that they copied from others. Except, it's about me, so I guess it's not totally copied. Duh.

10 years ago...

* I was 16.
* I met a cool red-headed girl named Marie , with a Dead Kennedy's T-shirt, combat boots and a kilt, and finally felt like I could act like myself with the arrival of the new girl in town.
* I wore big baggy clothes, thought I was hot shit, and got into trouble for no reason at all other than to piss off my mother and any other authority figure.
* My boyfriend was a total loser, but I really thought he was funny, until he cheated on me with my best girlfriend at the time. I broke up with a really nice guy to be with him. Oops.
* I started hanging out with J during extra-curricular activities, and fell madly in love, but didn't tell him that until I was in grade 12.

5 years ago....

* I was 21.
* I was madly in love with B-Rock and thought we were going to get married and stay together forever.
* We lived in a small apartment and I liked "playing house" so much, I didn't bother making any new friends.
* I loved my job, but hated the majority of the people I worked with.
* I loved going out dancing and drinking as often as possible, and would go home to bed as soon as the bar closed.

3 years ago...

* I was 23.
* My rocky relationship with B-Rock ended.
* I hated my job, but loved the people I worked with.
* I made a ton of new friends, and we all liked to go out dancing at skanky bars and making out with each other.
* I was afraid I'd be alone forever.

1 year ago...

* I was 25.
* I lost track of some friends, but had made many new ones.
* I was afraid I was going to be alone forever.
* Life was tough, with money and family troubles.
* I was ambulatory with the aid of crutches and a cane.

Today...

* I am 26.
* I am starting to figure out who I am and what I need and want, and I have become a more mature version of my 16 year old self, which I am happy about. I am especially happy about the confidence and the smart mouth returning, although some may disagree.
* I don't give a rat's ass if I'm alone forever.
* I am bored of my job, and like some of the people I work with.
* I prefer to dance in my living room with friends, and almost never go straight to bed after the bar closes.

No comments: