Jan 7, 2009

25 Things About Abigail Road

The lovely Saviabella tagged me to do this over on Facebook, and I thought, "Well heck, I'll just blog it." This was a few days ago, and I have finally just finished the list. My brain could only handle writing a couple sentences a day this week.

I've done so many of these lists over the years, I'm not really sure what else there is to tell you about me. But, I am willing to give it a shot, and hopefully I won't repeat myself too much.

1. I'm not a neat freak by any means, but I have a huge issue with clutter. I can't concentrate on anything else, until the area that I'm sitting in is tidied up.

2. This means that sometimes, I don't get anything fun accomplished, because I'm too busy worrying about dirty dishes, or paper on the floor.

3. I wish that I had this problem in my car...like I wouldn't be able to drive it, until it was clean. My car is a disgusting mess.

4. I have decided, that I want to have Smyrish's babies.

5. Some of you may recall, that a couple years ago, I said I didn't want to have babies at all. I thought they would ruin my carefree lifestyle. I still think that, but I'm okay with it. I think we can work it out.

6. I now own more kitchen appliances than I have pairs of pants.

7. I hate pants. When you're fat, pants just never feel right.

8. If my life depended on it, I could not keep a plant alive.

9. After watching "The Happening" I had to wonder if one day all of my sick plants would band together and kill me. I wouldn't blame them one bit.

10. I am a word nerd. I take pleasure in sitting and reading the dictionary. It is my favorite book. When I was a kid, I'd take my parents monster encyclopedic dictionary to bed with me to read.

11. I have memorized all the 2 and 3 letter words in Scrabble. I am working on memorizing all the "Q" and "Z" words in the Scrabble dictionary.

12. I have a huge problem with using the Scrabble dictionary during play, for anything other than challenging an opponents word. It is cheating, and takes way too long to complete a game.

13. Because of this, I cannot play Scrabble with some of my friends, and if I do, I have to bite my tongue.

14. There is a note, and I don't know what note, that singers hit, that makes me cry the second I hear it. Maybe it is the emotion in their pitch.

15. If I am alone in my car, I just let the tears buck. Taylor Swift got me yesterday, and this past weekend, Cat Stevens hit it, and I could hardly see the road through my tears.

16. If I hear it, and I am in the company of others, I have to work my ass off to keep myself together. Not everyone can hit that note, whatever it is.

17. I wish I could hit that note.

18. Although, I might feel like a douche bag if I made people cry with the sound of my voice.

19. If I wear a grey shirt, I will sweat through it in no time. I don't know what it is about the color grey that makes my armpits leak so much.

20. Because of this, I avoid wearing grey, and stick to other colors that don't make me sweat. ( Note: I have no idea why grey makes me sweat, it just does.)

21. Thanks to years of being in band, and waitressing, I absolutely despise black dress pants and white shirts. They can suck it, far as I'm concerned.

22. I don't really like the word "rhythm" I don't like the way it is spelled, nor how it looks when written out or typed. I just realized that this morning, after I read a friend's status update on Facebook, which included the aforementioned word.

23. I do however wish I had more rhythm.

24. I love to cook, and throw dinner parties. It's the Ukrainian baba in me.

25. If you are in my neighborhood, and find yourself awake in the middle of the night, check the courtyard of my building. I'm probably out there battling insomnia, and smoking a cigarette.

No comments: