Apr 16, 2008

Cramming for the Arts Fest

With my three week vacation starting on Monday, I realized today that time is a tickin', and I don't have much time to get ready for the Arts Festival on May 24th. Currently, the only stock I have is what is listed in my Etsy Shop and a few things that I have had forever and have never sold at any festival, which is why they aren't listed on Etsy. I have decided not to take my Etsy items to the festival, because that would make life a tad more difficult than I would like it to be, what with all the de-listing of items the next day, when I will most likely be hungover.

Every year, I worry about not having enough stock, and this year is no different. However, I have decided that quality will rule over quantity, and I would just like to have a bunch of cool bags/purses and a handful of jazzy jewellery to lug around and sell, rather than a crapload of well, crap. It is only a one day affair, so I figure, the easier I make it, the better.

Over the past few months I have started quite a few bags, but haven't finished them, and they are now in a pile I call, "almost finished."


My bed is now housing the pile of material I bought at Value Village today,


And I put my clothes in my dresser drawers, so I could place all the patterns I cut out on top of it.
And yes, Swiss Cheese crackers help me in my quest for creativity. As well as a couple cans of Labatt Lite beer.

So, in the end, I didn't get any sewing done tonight, but I now have 8 "patterns" cut out, 6 bags that are almost done, and my what-I-assume-are-shitty-because-no one-will-buy-them older wares are sorted and ready to be ironed.

And that counts as work too. From here on, the fun begins, as I get to sit at my sewing machine, and put these piles of scraps together into funky accessories that I will stuff into a Rubbermaid container until I get to show them off and hopefully make some money, honey.

No comments: