Dec 5, 2007

She's Crafty, or So Say the Beastie Boys.

Entering Neil's Blogger Arts and Crafts Fair last week got me into the crafting mood. I've been busy the last week or so, making bags, figuring out how to use my friggin' buttonholer, and busting needles on the sewing machine.

This brown and white number, is a Xmas present for a friend, all it is missing is a Sex Pistols patch, that will be sewn on the pocket under the flap. (not shown) The material is so thick, I broke about 5 needles getting it together, so when I finally finished it last night, I actually hugged it. Smyrish, watching my odd behavior, asked if he could hug it too.

The blue plaid bag is mine, all mine. I thought I had used up all of this material this summer, when I sold all the bags I had made with it at the folk festival. I was really happy when I found some more in a garbage bag in my bedroom. I decided I was making one for me, because I'm a good girl, and I deserved it.


These two bags, were made from some old sheets that were donated to me for material. They are basically the same, with the exception of the handle, and the front pocket. They are a little too girly looking for me, but they have been hanging in my living room for a few days now, and have been complimented, so I'm going to keep them around for the festivals next year, unless I can sell them before then.


And on that note, I have to get back to cutting out squares for a corduroy patchwork bag I've been working on, and figure out how I am going to get my contracted work embroidered before Xmas.

No comments: