Apr 6, 2005

Links, a List, and a bit about Spring

Well, it's been brought to my attention that I have been slacking in the entry department. I must say, that I have been really busy, lazy when I'm not busy, and truthfully, I have not much to say because of the last two things mentioned. The only thing not mindless that I have been up to has been catching up on the news, and what's going on in the world around me. Surprise, surprise, nothing too much is "new" in that department either. There are is still warfare going on, arguements over day-light saving time, and the politicians are making trouble for themselves. However, I came across a couple articles that peaked my interest, so if you like, here they are and you can check them out.

First, an article in the National Post, that made me wish I was a terrorist, cause I don't have the guts to follow through on the threats that ran through my head, as the regular Canadian citizen I am.

Second, Jim Peterson feels like we had no other choice, and I agree. The EU and Canada are finally sticking up for themselves.

Hmmm.....so what's new with me, you ask? Since there isn't much to say, here's a list.

1. It's spring. I feel as if I've died and gone to heaven. I wore sandals today, and left my jacket indoors. I even went out for ice cream after a walk in the park. Heavenly. I hear through the rumour mill, it's supposed to be 21 degrees or something tomorrow.....and I have to work. Sheesh.

2. Since it's spring, I have begun altering winter clothes into summer clothes, as I'm cheap and poor, and can never find summer clothes that fit me anyways. At least I found a use for all the jeans I bought at Walmart that shrunk after one wash, making them just a few centimetres too short, as to make me throw them in the closet and never speak of them again. Fuck Walmart.

3. I'm going to toot my own horn, because one of my photos was chosen as an editor's pick on TextAmerica. Look for 'The Road to Nowhere'.If you don't see it, you might have to venture on to the next page of pictures. You'll find it though, I have faith in you.

4. I'm down to my last role of toilet paper.

5. I'm going to see "The Lowest of the Low" on Friday, but just might have to take in a few bottles, so I can drink while I'm there. Money is tight for the next couple weeks.

6. About 2 hours ago, my gums, where my wisdom teeth used to be, started to hurt, and now my entire mouth hurts. I am afraid that tomorrow when I wake up, my whole face will be swollen. Just my luck, dental problems when I'm broke. Gonna have to go pick bottles in a ditch to pay for this emergency if it gets bad enough that I have to go see good ol' Dr. Katz.

7. I was walking to the bus after work tonight, and Red spotted me, turned around, and picked me up to take me home. THANKS RED! I got home an hour earlier than I normally would, which is why I had time to write this ridiculous entry.

8. I went to an "Erotic Expressions" party on Monday, and gleefully realized that all the gals I work with have dirty little minds. It was a superb evening out! There was even veggies and dip and spinach dip...so at least I got to have supper.

9. I lost another 5 pounds. I've been walking at least an hour a day, and doing Pilates. Pilates is killing me, so I think I'm just gonna go back to doing crunches and using water bottles as weights while I watch TV. Twenty more pounds to go.

And that's all folks. I'll be back soon, I promise.

No comments: