Apr 21, 2005

Lazy Spring Day


I must say, now that Spring has arrived, I really don't have anything to say. Or rather, I'm much too pre-occupied to actually type. I have a whole list of topics in my head that I want to write about, and just can't get around to it. Spank me, I'm a lazy byotch, and here's a lazy entry.

For the last couple years, I have been thinking alot about how much I'm not doing for humanity. I really want to do some volunteering in third world and war affected countries, and have been half-assed researching opportunitities for quite awhile. I wish I had the guts to just go ahead and do it, and I'm sure I will one day. I don't want to wake up one day, 80 years old, looking at myself in the mirror, and thinking that my biggest regret was not being a better person. But then I saw this, and I'm not sure if it scared me back into my little world, or has given me even more drive to do this crazy thing that I feel so badly that I need to do.

My cousin Binky and her hubby are heading to New Zealand any day now, and of course, I wish I was going. But, I thought, if I can't go, then I'll just live vicariously through them, and I can't wait to hear their stories! I am now hooked on reading The New Zealand Herald. It's funny how the news there is so similar to the news here in Saskabush some days. The Opposition Party's mad about this, the natives are getting screwed over about that. Same ol', Same ol'.

I went to see Cher's Farewell Tour last night. V-man's girlfriend had an extra ticket, and I thought, hey, you can't say no to a free ticket. I wasn't sure what to expect at first, but holy shit, even though we were sitting in our nose bleed seats, I was blown away. Her dancers/gymnasts had me sitting on the edge of my seat with my mouth agape, and plus, she sang 'Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves', while donning her 60's attire, which I assume was just because I was there.

If I didn't have to work today, I'd be drinking coffee and reading in the park until the temperature drops. The crazies are out, and friends who were in hiding for the winter are rubbing their eyes and venturing out into civilization. Laying in the park, is the best way to run into them. It's always makes for an interesting day.

And on that note, I wish you all a fantabulous weekend. Myself, as soon as I'm done work on Saturday, I'll be drinking beer and BBQ-ing. The weather better be good for my 2 days off.....or else Mother Nature and I are gonna have a little chit chat.

_______________
* I have added BlogsCanada and some other blogs reads to the site, so check them out. And yes, "matt g" is Matthew Good's blog. There have also been some changes to the 'cast' and I will be adding even more to the 'links' page ASAP. Enjoy!

No comments: