Apr 10, 2005

Weekend Update, Minus the Little Details

I had a fantastic weekend. I should take one off more often.

Friday was a hoot and a holler. I had bought a ticket to the "Lowest of the Low" concert for that night, but when I went to check my email that morning, I saw that I had won 2 tickets. After screaming "Fuck Me!" at the top of my lungs, I started calling friends to see who wanted to buy my ticket, and who wanted a free one. Didn't take long to wrangle up Film Star and Frodo to come along for the ride with B-Rock and I, and a few hours later,off we went. The opening band "The Makita's", absolutly blew me away, but unfortunatly, by the time LOTL came on stage, the beers were beginning to kick in, and Frodo and I were more into conversing and flirting than watching the band. But of course, as per usual, what I caught of the LOTL, was Grade A rock and roll, and they did do a good show. The only thing that bothered me, was how eerily similar Ron Hawkins resembled Bryan Adams with his new hair-do.

After drinking all the beer the bar had to offer, we headed off to Frodo's for more booze and some Beatles. At some point, I heard birds chirping, and decided it was time for me to stumble my way home to my own bed. My ride was passed out on the couch, and Film Star had caught a cab home hours before, proving once again how much smarter he is than I. I somehow managed to put my shoes on the proper feet, said my goodbyes, and headed out in to the night/morning. Upon entering the out of doors, I realized I had no idea where I was, or which direction my home was in. I didn't want to admit my drunken stupidity, and go back up to the apartment, so I just started walking. If it wasn't for the mind control device on top of a downtown bar, I would still be wandering the City streets, looking for the House of Pain. I will not embarrass myself further by telling you about how B-Rock told me the next day, exactly where Frodo's apartment was, and how close to my own home it is. To make a long story short, I made it home, passed out on my face, and woke up a few hours later, still half-cut and cursing myself for once again letting myself believe I was 19 years old, and could handle a night like that.

Needless to say, Saturday was mostly spent on the couch, with me moaning and groaning and trying to keep my insides from spilling out. However, I did get out for my walk, and treated myself to my foot spa, before giving in and going to the Pub with Cookeroo, to hang out with the boys. Thank god, Cookeroo had to meet Dynomite, and I ended up getting home fairly early, and falling asleep on the couch. I woke up this morning at 7:00, and decided to move to my bed, and ended up sleeping another 5 hours, before finally waking for good, and feeling absolutly re-energized.

I'm sure I've mentioned before, how much I love Sunday's. Especially hang-over free Sunday's, when I feel like I can do anything and everything under the sun. (or as it was today, under the clouds) I danced around the house until about 3pm, listening to some groovy tunes, cleaning and playing with my attention starved cat, before heading over to B-Rock's to have a spot of tea (really, it was only a spot), tagged along to Staples with him, and then went to the Pub to give Film Star his coat, and enjoy a messy veggie burger. I even got a free beer from Astro-Boy and the Code-ster, for being so wonderful as to give cigarettes to everyone in the bar who asked for one. Apparently no one but me has heard of a convenience store, but ah well, it was worth it to get a free pint from 2 cuties on a lazy Sunday.

And so, here I am, listening to Matt Mays, chain-smoking and drinking coffee, trying to figure out if I should sleep or go to trivia before having to work at midnight, and basking in the glow of a wonderful weekend off.

No comments: