Mar 16, 2009

Grace in Small Things #15

1. I am incredibly grateful for the fact that I was raised in a family where we were taught that family and friends come before anything else.

2. If I hadn't been raised that way, I may not have had so much fun on a road trip the past couple days, wrecking hotel headboards with Carla, playing cribbage, eating an insane amount of disgusting food, and singing oldies at the top of our lungs on the way home (in which I did a five hour drive in three hours!)

3. I love that I have people in my life, who will drop what they are doing, and leave town, so that we can check and see how a friend is doing....and have fun doing it.

4. I am extremely grateful that I had the chance to meet Wilf, and make some wonderful memories of him, and his children, before he passed on last week.

5. It makes me happy and comforted to know that his children have adopted my brothers and I into their family, and that we have done the same to them.

6. After a week of birthday's, night shifts, drinking with the ladies, and a funeral, I finally just let myself take the time to have a huge cry over the loss of a man, who I am ever so grateful to have had in my life.

No comments: