Jan 1, 2012

One of Those Days

I was woken up way earlier than I wanted to be up, but I decided that ringing in the New Year with some coffee and Bailey's wouldn't be a bad idea. While I was searching for the Bailey's, I decided that pancakes and bacon were a good idea too. It has only gone downhill from there.

No matter what I did, the pancakes just kept sticking to the pan. I decided that ugly pancakes were better than no pancakes and powered through the making of breakfast. When I finally had my breakfast on my plate, the dogs started vomiting up some odd substance, that apparently was just as yummy the second time around. I decided to leave them to the floor cleaning, and set my coffee and plate up in the living room, and settled in to spend the day on the couch watching Degrassi High on Netflix only to learn that Netflix is having some sort of trouble getting it's money out of our account, and the only person who can fix this problem is the husband, who is out hunting for treasure. Not wanting to be a negative Nelly, I told myself that if I couldn't watch Degrassi, I could at least have a luxurious bath in our luxurious bathtub. I scampered on up the steps, and as I filled the bath, I found a book to read and turned up the heated floor and smiled to myself for coming up with such a wonderful idea, but when I went to step in the tub, I realized that there wasn't any water in it, and the plug was not doing its plugging duties. After 10 minutes of fighting with the plug, I sat down in the empty tub and washed my hair, thinking that at least if I was clean, I would feel better. I do not. 

I think I'm going to go back to bed and start over again later. Happy 2012 everyone! 

No comments: