Feb 6, 2010

Varadero Day One

From my travel journal (January 23, 2010)......




After five days in Havana, full of its "jinertos", odd smells, good music and interesting people, we headed to our resort in Varadero. Having never been to an all-inclusive resort before, I had no idea what the deal was, or what to expect.

After we checked in and were walking to our villa, I was reminded of the movie "Dirty Dancing". Ever since that moment, I have kept my eyes open for Patrick Swayze and Lenny Brisco from "Law and Order". Then, after seeing what I can only assume are the staffs quarters, I am positive that the real fun happens after the Caribbean dancing ends and the free bar closes, and that Lenny is around here somewhere, fixing all those botched abortions while Mr. Swayze teaches all the young tourist girls that their hips don't lie.



Side note to the Palinode: Smyrish has informed me that he's never actually sat down and watched Dirty Dancing, so I will have to get that DVD back from you. I know it's only been a couple years since I borrowed it to you, so I hope you're done with it. Thanks. :)


** I am fully aware that Lenny and Mr. Swayze have passed away.

No comments: