Mar 20, 2008

The "I Fucking Love Books" Meme

Saviabella has requested that I participate in this meme. How could I say no to anything literary?

1) What book are you reading right now?


Never, in all my life, have I only read one book at a time. In my purse, I have Tuesday's With Morrie, in my car I have By the River Piedra, I Sat Down and Wept, my bathroom is storing Love, In The Time of Cholera and RMR, the Book, by Rick Mercer, my living room is waiting for me to finally finish Boogaloo on Second Avenue, which I started last summer, and my night table is housing Gonzo, They Shoot Horses, Don't They?, Eleanor Rigby, The Lizard Cage and Politically Correct Bedtime Stories, which I really should return to Knuckle Toes one day. The stacks of books on my entertainment centre and make-shift book shelf that I haven't had time to start yet is insane. I buy, buy, buy more than I have time to read. Eventually, I always make the time.

2) What was the last book you read on a plane?

I haven't been on a plane since 2003. I have no idea what I was reading back then. But, the last book I read on a train was Islands In the Stream by Ernest Hemingway. How I remember that, I'll never know.

3) What was the last book you read on a roadtrip?

When Smyrish and I went to Toon Town a couple weeks ago, I took along Tuesday's With Morrie. I also read the entire Travelodge handbook that was in the hotel room, just to learn everything Travelodge. I am positive all my Travelodge knowledge will be a hit at parties.

4) What is the most unusual place you found yourself reading?

Unusual? Like in a tree, or while driving, or walking laps at the Fieldhouse or around the lake, or floating on an air mattress, or while sitting on a swing in the playground at night? If those are unusual, then that's where.

5) What books would you take to keep you occupied on a two week vacation to the beach?

I guess I would take a couple of the many books I haven't read yet. See question #1.

6) Other bloggers I'd like some book recommendations from:

All of them. Preferrably the ones that live nearby. I always like to know what people are reading, so I might have the opportunity to borrow.

No comments: