Feb 4, 2007

Working on Learning to do Nothing

I could very well be productive in some way today. However, at this point in my Sunday, I just don't see it happening. Hey, I already awoke fairly early, had some breakfast, drove myself home, loved up my overly needy cat, started construction on my fourth SimTower of the week and hunted down a *music video I have been searching for since 1986. I'd say that that's enough production for one Sunday morning.

On the other hand, the mound of clean laundry on my bed is begging to be put away before it completely engulfed in cat hair, my refridgerator, and my malnourished body, are asking that I go to the grocery store and purchase some food (preferrably vegetables), and the bathroom has requested my presence, as soon as the cleaning products find their way out of the hall closet. All of these mundane chores just seem like they will take too much effort on my part though, and I may just put them off until tomorrow. Or Tuesday. Or 2008.

This weekend has been so very relaxing, and I don't really want to mess with it. I have enjoyed two consecutive nights out with good friends, good food, and good conversation, and have successfully awoke each morning hangover free. I spent a cold, blustery Saturday afternoon at Chapters, to finally use my Xmas gift cards. I have slept and slept and slept some more, and am contemplating having a nice afternoon nap before heading to Sunday supper with Mr. Head and his family.

Well, that's it then. The decision has been made. Chores and shopping can wait. My body says relax, my brain says I deserve it, and the cat says she's lonely and wants me to stay home and cuddle with her, if only for a few hours.

Happy Sunday, everyone.



*For more on my music video search, go check out my Vox page.

No comments: