Sunday was my 6th annual blogoversary. To celebrate this wondrous occasion, I compiled a list of things you may or may not know about moi, or my blog, and then I went to Dougal's wake, got really drunk, and forgot to post it.
1. I first started making money off sewing when I was 15. I created a really cool patchwork floppy toque, and all the snowboarders in town went wild for them. Most of the boys in my grade bought one off me for $20.00 a piece. I wish I still had mine to show you.
2. The number of comments on blog posts that I get, has drastically decreased since I am no longer single, and have less depressing, or sordid things to write about. (Not that being single is a bad thing, it is just sometimes more interesting.) However, I am very happy that my life is no longer in a constant state of depression and chaos.
3. If I don't eat eggs in the morning, I feel like crap for the rest of the day. Since I rarely take time for breakfast, most days I feel like a big pile of shit.
4. My favorite thing to do with my dad, was go for a Sunday drive all over hells half acre, snooping through old abandoned farm houses and then checking out all the cars that were for sale in the area.
5. I have written my name in a closet of every place I have ever lived or worked, or spent any amount of time in that I deemed special. All "entries" are dated.
6. I know I am playing too much online Scrabble when I am dreaming about words and anagrams.
7. I have been to over 30 funerals. Actually, I stopped counting at 30, because goddamn, that's a depressing thing to keep track of.
8. If I could do whatever I wanted in life, I would live in a lake front cottage year round, work from home, fish and swim everyday and have Stella Artois always on hand.
9. All I want for Christmas is a maid.
10. The three most popular posts since I started have been "Just Girl Stuff" , "The Recent Adventures of Abigail, Part Two" and "90 Days" .
11. I do not believe in divorce, unless there is something absolutely tragic and abusive going on. That is why I never thought I would get married. I never wanted to put myself in a position where I would have to legally break-up with someone, over something trivial that just drove me nuts. Luckily, my husband feels the same way.
12. I put garlic and dill into almost anything I cook.
13. I can only fall asleep on the cool side of the pillow.
14. Even though I took French throughout elementary and high school, I only know a handful of words, and maybe 2 or 3 phrases.
15. There is a blizzard on my birthday every single year, and it is never warmer that -35C. Luckily, this year, I'll be in Cuba. With my luck, it'll snow.
16. I brush my teeth, or rinse with mouthwash, every single time I go to the bathroom.
17. I used to be addicted to flossing my teeth, but now I usually forget to do it.
18. There are so many things I would like to tell the readers of my blog, but because of some of the people who read it, I can't.
19. My favorite pizza is the steak and mushroom melt from Panago.
20. My favorite scents are vanilla, the air after a summer rain, dill and the smell of a boat starting up.
21. I would guess that 60% of each day I live, is dedicated to cleaning up feces between home and work.
22. I really hate pointy toed shoes. Maybe because they look ridiculous on me.
23. Although I am jealous of their weekends off, EDO's, holidays, etc., I could never in a million years work in an office. I like not having scheduled breaks, and the option to be outside whenever I want, and rarely do I have to be up in the morning.
24. I have always had a strange fashion sense. My mom has some funny stories about the outfits I used to pick out as a kid. I still stand by my decisions.
25. The age of twenty-five was so horrible for me, that I wouldn't wish twenty-five upon my worst enemy.
26. One of the worst books I have ever read was "a-A Novel" by Andy Warhol.
27. I am totally "Team Jacob". I understand why she liked Edward in the first place, but c'mon, by the second book, us adults should know in our hearts that he's trouble, and just likes her, because he can control her. I've been there. So fuck you Edward, and your shiny skin.
28. I cannot go to bed, without a glass of water at my side.
29. I really, truly hate the fact that everyone in the world is so addicted to their cell phones, IPhone, Blackberry's, etc. Put down your gadget, and pay attention to the world around you once in a while, it's a pretty neat place.
30. Cream of mushroom soup, is only good with a pile of crackers, and a pinch of pepper.
31. I love Micheal Jackson. He makes my booty shake like nobodies business.
32. I think New Year's Eve is highly over-rated.
33. If I could go back to any place I have ever travelled, I would choose Churchill, Manitoba, Scotland and Venice Beach.
34. Before I'm dead and gone, I want to travel to Costa Rica, Mexico, Australia, Spain and New York City.
35. I am really bad at keeping in touch with people.
36. My number one guilty pleasure would have to be reading trashy tabloid magazines.
37. Malls scare me.
38. I hate watching myself on video. I always look and sound like a freakin' idiot.
39. In a huge percentage of photos ever taken of me, I am sticking out my tongue. I can't help it though, if I see a camera pointed in my direction, it just happens. However, after looking at photos from my wedding, I can see that it is hereditary. Most of my cousins on my mom's side do the same thing.
40. Although I love my blog, and love writing in general, life just gets in the way sometimes, and I don't post regularly, or write fluff posts just to fill the space. I have promised myself, that 2010 will be a "good writing year".