Jul 2, 2008

Camping Trip Excitement!

I am getting married. Me. To Smyrish. I know, I can't really believe it either.

The girl who has always had a hate on for weddings, is having one. And I am ecstatic.

How did it happen you ask? Well, in short.........

I was surprised, to say the least, when Smyrish took me aside this past weekend, during our annual group camping trip, and we started talking about us, and how great we are together, and the conversation turned to "let's get married". I wasn't sure at first, due to my wedding phobia, but as we talked, it just started to feel like it was the right thing to do.

We were standing in the bush, at my favorite place in the world, around a campfire under the stars. I figured anyone who wants to marry a girl wearing mustard-covered sweat pants and smells like booze and bug spray, has to be a keeper. Plus, he's handy around the house, and treats me like a princess. He's a super duper awesome fella.

How could I say no? I couldn't. As I said yes, I looked over, and saw that a baby deer had been standing right beside us, witnessing our decision, the entire time. I figure, if nature is okay with us, then I made the right decision.

Smyrish ran and announced it to our fellow campers, and we all yelled and hugged and drank our faces off for the rest of the night. It was a great moment, a great night, and a great weekend all around.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations...that is the best engagement story! So sweet and simple and perfect!

Suzi Q said...

Omigawd that's so exciting! Congratulations! I too am in the middle of planning a wedding I thought I never wanted, it's a lot of work but kinda fun!

Bronwyn said...

That is awesome! COngrats!!